Surfacing Supervisor wanted for the Buckingham Region. Freelance position for 9 months
Our client is currently looking for a Surfacing Supervisor for their business based in Buckingham. You must have a highways background for this position. This will be a 9 month freelance contract.
The ideal candidate will have a solid background in surfacing works, tarmac and surface dressing.
The ideal candidate will also have a background in Traffic Management, Term Maintenance and civils based highways contracts for Highways England.
You must have experience in the following:
• Primary Role is to produce Method Statements, Job Packs and Mini-programmes.
• Secondary role is cover for Supervisors during busy periods and holiday cover.
• This “Supervisor/Planner” shall ensure quality and constructability during the planning process, producing Method Statements and Job Packs which the site teams can use to construct the scheme. To have good understanding of Quality systems, implementing document control on site.
• To produce the Method Statements, you will need to be experienced in Highway works, understanding the processes for the construction of drainage (incl. temporary works), ducting networks, footways (kerbs, edges, paving, asphalt), carriageway (Capping, sub-base, asphalt)
• Able to produce word documents, excel spreadsheets (for programmes).
• Work with the clients online document system “Conject”, sending technical queries, uploading documents and downloading the newest drawings for job packs.
• To enforce and champion high health and safety standards.
• To have strong IT skills.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Must have Civil Engineering experience gained with a civil engineering contractor
• CSCS Managers Category
• Experience with highways, drainage and associated Civil engineering packages would be advantageous
• SMSTS or SSSTS
• NRSWA Street works Certification desirable
• Extensive experience in all types of surfacing based projects with significant experience at supervisory level must be demonstrated
If you feel you have the right skills and experience to suit this role, please send your CV and covering letter for the attention of David Stevens on call the office on 01543 629090
We can ensure that either the client or candidate will receive a professional service giving guidance when required to ensure a high level of service on every vacany at all times.Get in Touch