Site Engineer required in Oxford with a background in Earthworks and cubic measurements. 12 month duration.
Our client is currently looking for an experienced Earthworks Engineer for a long term contracting role based in the Oxfordshire region. The role will be working as a Site Engineer dealing with bulk earthworks and cubic measurements. As the Engineer you will be covering projects based around the Buckingham and Bicester areas.
The contracting term will be between 6 and 12 months.
As the Site Engineer your responsibilities will include:
• To be fully conversant with all contract drawings and specifications and their application to the works under construction
• To undertake the setting out of the works and carry out independent checks
• Quantify material requirements in advance for call off
• Assist in the preparation of up-dating programs and resource requirements as works progress
• To assist in the measurement of the works with the engineer’s representatives, engineer or clerk of works
• Be conversant with the company’s policies and manuals covering Health & Safety, Quality
• Assurance and environmental issues
• Monitor Health & Safety on site and immediately report any unsafe working practices to the Site Agent
• To continuously liaise and provide information to the Site Agent or Contracts Manager when required
• To assist in ensuring work is carried out cost effectively
• To assist in ensuring a high standard of quality work and report any defects to the Site Agent
• To assist in maintaining site tidiness and cleanliness
• To assist in maintaining good public relations during the works
• To attend internal site meetings as required
Requirements for the candidate:
• HNC or equivalent in Civil Engineering or similar is ideal.
• 5+ years in a Site Engineering role
• Experience in bulk earthworks and related works
• Capable of using Total Station Survey and GPS equipment
• Experience of AutoCAD
• IT literacy
• Pro active and good problem solving skills
For more info please send your CV for the attention of David Stevens at BCS Connect on 01543 629090
We can ensure that either the client or candidate will receive a professional service giving guidance when required to ensure a high level of service on every vacany at all times.Get in Touch