Civils based Project Manager wanted in London. Permanent position.
Our client is seeking to employ an experienced Project Manager for their business based in the London region. They are an established civil engineering and construction business and specialising in external works and hard landscaping, as well as highway and civil engineering projects
The ideal candidate will have experience and a full understanding of civils, groundworks and deep drainage based works and will be able to run projects efficiently and profitably. This will be a contract based role initially with a possibility of going permanent for the right candidate.
• Managing staff, operators and sub-contractors on site
• Complete method statements and risk assessments
• Monitor contract loss against agreed budgets
• Preparing and monitoring programmes of work
• Build relationships with clients
• Manage design co-ordination
• Monitor contracts to ensure timely and profitable completion
• Supervise and mentor junior staff
• Financial overview of project in terms of tender allowances; variances between tender and actual costs; preparation of cost to complete forecasts with QS team
• Ability to use financial feedback information to refine or develop methods and resources where practical to ensure a successful financial outcome for the project or limit the exposure to loss or reduced margin.
• Maintain and develop client relationships for ensuring a successful outcome on completion and enhancing opportunities for securing repeat work.
• Proactive approach to the environment and customer care of all the stakeholders involved in a project – promotion of positive image of the Interserve name to protect and promote the brand name.
• Develop team culture to create an environment where motivation and morale is high and earn respect of team members to gain their commitment and support that ensures their optimum input in the project.
• Experience on civil engineering projects including structures, groundworks and highways
• Previous experience on projects valued £5m - £20m
• Team-player with excellent communication skills
• Relevant qualification such as HND/HNC/BEng
• Up to date SMSTS and CSCS
• First Aid at work (desirable)
If you are interested in this role and feel you have the right skills and experience, please send your CV and covering letter to David Stevens or call BCS Connect on 01543 629090.
We can ensure that either the client or candidate will receive a professional service giving guidance when required to ensure a high level of service on every vacany at all times.Get in Touch